- The BioBoost Effect is a multiplication of naturally-occurring growth factors to deliver faster healing and earlier bone formation than traditional dental implants.1-8
- The BioBoost Effect, only available on the Trabecular Metal Dental Implant, is the result of a proprietary combination of cancellous-like porosity and highly-biocompatible tantalum.9-11
- With mounting evidence of this clinical advantage in Rapid Recovery, Risk Management, and Revision Therapy cases, harness the healing power of the BioBoost Effect and take your practice to the next level.
The BioBoost Effect
- Rapid Recovery - Accelerate healing with a 2-week final loading protocol.12-15
- Risk Management - Expand treatment in poor bone and impaired healing.16-26
- Revision Therapy - Leverage the healing advantage in dental implant replacement.
Trabecular Metal Technology
What is Trabecular Metal Technology?
- Trabecular Metal Technology is a three-dimensional material, not an implant surface or coating.
- Trabecular Metal Material is similar to cancellous bone4-6
- Trabecular Metal Material is made of tantalum, element number 73 in the periodic table.
- Spinato S, Zaffe D, Felice P, Checchi L, Wang HL. A Trabecular Metal implant 4 months after placement: clinical-histologic case report. Implant Dent. 2014;23(1):3-7.
- de Arriba CC, Alobera Gracia MA, Coelho PG, Neiva R, Tarnow DP, Del Canto Pingarron M, Aguado-Henche S. Osseoincorporation of Porous Tantalum Trabecular-Structured Metal:
- A Histologic and Histomorphometric Study in Humans. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2018;38(6):1-7.
- Bencharit S, Barros S, Morelli T, Offenbacher S. Biological Effects of Porous Tantalum Trabecular Metal in the Oral Cavity. In Academy of Osseointegration. 2016;San Diego, CA.
- Lee JW, Wen HB, Gubbi P, Romanos GE. New bone formation and trabecular bone microarchitecture of highly porous tantalum compared to titanium implant threads: A pilot canine study. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2018;29(2):164-174.
- Kim DG, Jeong YH, Min KH, Lee JW, Wen HB. Porous Tantalum Increases Interfacial Bone Tissue Mineralization Compared to Titanium Threaded Section of Implants. In Academy of Osseointegration. 2016;San Diego, CA.
- Meirelles L, Dodo C, Mendonca G, Fraser D, Sartori E, Funkenbusch P. Biomechanical analysis and osteogenic gene expression on porous tantalum implants placed in a gap healing model. Clin Oral Impl Res. 2015;26(Suppl. 12).
- Kim SJ, Bencharit S, Morelli T, Offenbacher S, Barros SP. Transcriptomic analysis of wound healing around tantalum and titanium in diabetes. in IADR. 2017;San Francisco, CA.
- Byrd KM, Hefni EK, Barros SP, Yu N, Kim SJ, Bencharit S, Morelli T, Offenbacher S. Transcriptomic Profiling of Tantalum Metal Implant Osseointegration in Osteopenic Patients. Accepted for publication in British Dental Journal, 2018.
- Karageorgiou V, Kaplan D. Porosity of 3D Biomaterial Scaffolds and Osteogenesis. Biomaterials. 2005;26(27):5474-91.
- Black J. Biological Performance of Tantalum. Clin Mater. 1994;16:167-173.
- Matsuno H, Yokoyama A, Watari F, Uo M, Kawasaki T. Biocompatibility and osteogenesis of refractory metal implants, titanium, hafnium, niobium, tantalum, and rhenium. Biomaterials. 2001;22:1253-1262.
- Wen HB, van der Schoor WP, van der Schoor AR, Schlee M. Immediate Nonocclusal Loading of Trabecular Metal-Enhanced Titanium Dental Implants in a Controlled Population: 5-Year Results. in The 103rd Annual Meeting of American Academy of Periodontology. 2017;Boston, MA.
- Brauner E, Jamshir S, Di Carlo S, Pagnoni M, Guarino G, Pompa G, Immediate implant loading: a comparison of Trabecular Metal and Tapered Screw-Vent dental implants. OHDM. 2015;14(2):1-6.
- Peron C, Romanos G. Immediate loading of tantalum-based implants in fresh extraction sockets. Long-term outcomes. in European Academy of Osseointegration. 2018;Vienna, Austria.
- Bencharit S, Byrd WC, Hosseini B. Immediate placement of a porous-tantalum, Trabecular Metal-enhanced titanium dental implant with demineralized bone matrix into a socket with deficient buccal bone: a clinical report. J Prosthet Dent. 2015;113(4):262-9.
- Soardi, CM, Zaffe D, Wang HL. Rehabilitation of Extremely Atrophic Maxillae with Mineralized Allograft and Highly Porous Dental Implants. in European Association for Osseointegration. 2014;Rome, Italy.
- Edelmann AR, Patel D, Allen R, Gibson CJ, Best AM, Benharit S. Retrospective analysis of porous tantalum Trabecular Metal-enhanced titanium dental implants. Accepted for publication in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 2018.
- Bianconi S, Bozzoli P, Del Fabbro M. Treatment of Postextraction Sites With Allograft-Stabilized Dental Implants: A Clinical Case Series. Implant Dent. 2017;26(1):37-45.
- Schlee M, Pradies G, Mehmke WU, Beneytout A, Stamm M, Meda RG, Kamm T, Poiroux F, Weinlich F, del Canto Pingarron M, Crichton E, Poulet JB, Bousquet P. Prospective, Multicenter Evaluation of Trabecular Metal-Enhanced Titanium Dental Implants Placed in Routine Dental Practices: 1-Year Interim Report From the Development Period (2010 to 2011). Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2015;17(6):1141-53.
- Tjaden A, Schlee M, van der Schoor P, van der Schoor A, Mehmke WU, Kamm T, Beneytout A, de Arriba CC, Bänninger L, Wen HB. Multicenter Studies of Porous Tantalum Trabecular Metal Implants: 4-Year Interim Results. in Academy of Osseointegration. 2016;San Diego, CA.
- Brauner E, Guarino G, Jamshir S, Papi P, Valentini V, Pompa V, Pompa G. Evaluation of Highly Porous Dental Implants in Postablative Oral and Maxillofacial Cancer Patients: A Prospective Pilot Clinical Case Series Report. Implant Dent. 2015;24(5):631-7.
- Peron C, Romanos G. Immediate Loading of Tantalum-Based Implants in Patients with Systemic Diseases. Clinical and Radiographic Long-Term Outcomes. Academy of Osseointegration. 2017;Orlando, FL.
- Peron C, Javed F, Romanos GE. Immediate Loading of Tantalum-Based Implants in Fresh Extraction Sockets in Patient With Sjogren Syndrome: A Case Report and Literature Review. Implant Dent. 2017;26(4):634-638.
- Peron C, Romanos G. Immediate Loading of Trabecular Tantalum-based Implants placed in Infected Sites with Full Ceramic Restorations. 1-year Clinical Evaluation. in AAID. 2016;New Orleans, LA.
- El Chaar E, Castano A. A Retrospective Survival Study of Trabecular Tantalum Implants Immediately Placed in Posterior Extraction Sockets Using a Flapless Technique. J Oral Implantol. 2017;43(2):114-124.
- Battula S, Lee JW, Wen HB, Papanicolaou S, Collins M, Romanos GE. Evaluation of Different Implant Designs in a Ligature-Induced Peri-implantitis Model: A Canine Study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2015;30(3):534-45.
- Grossman Y, Levin L. Success and survival of single dental implants placed in sites of previously failed dental implants. J Periodontol. 2007;78:1670-4.
- Drawer title: Product Availability
- Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. Please contact your local sales representative or customer service team.
Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. Please contact your local sales representative or customer service team.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks are the property of Zimmer Biomet; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. and marketed and distributed by Zimmer Biomet Dental and its authorized marketing partners. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet Dental.
Customer Service & Technical Support
At ZimVie Dental, our focus is always on you. Priority attention is the hallmark of our service commitment, and we stand ready to offer you an unprecedented level of service and personalized solutions.